Negotiable / Barry
Work to live - not live to work.
Do you want to work during school hours?
Want to see more of your family?
Are you a portfolio GP, looking for a GP Salaried post or GP Retainer post - with a difference?
Then come and work with us at WEST QUAY MEDICAL CENTRE, Barry.
2 – 8 sessions
As an established training Practice with 14,000 patients and fabulous premises, we have invested in expanding and up- skilling our clinical team, which now includes eighteen clinicians:
- Six GP partners (5.2 WTE)
- Two salaried GPs
- 1 to 2 GP Registrars
- Two Advanced Nurse Practitioners
- Two minor illness Nurses (one currently on the Advanced Nurse Practitioner course)
- Two Practice Nurses
- Two Health Care Assistants
- One full- time Practice Pharmacist
- Attached Mental Health Practitioners
- Attached Physiotherapists
West Quay Medical Centre (WQMC) seeks GP to join the team following a planned reduction in clinical sessions. With such a large team, we are currently able to consider a GP who wishes to work flexibly, amended hours, or have an annualised contract (2-8 sessions) – Additional sessions may be available for special interest work – and the good news is... we operate on 15 minute face to face for all our pre-bookable appointments!
For the right person, WQMC offers:
- A large and supportive clinical team
- Multiple special interests amongst our clinicians (Musculoskeletal, ENT, Respiratory, Dermatology, Minor Surgery, Diabetes, Palliative care, Sexual Health)
- GPs with outside interests (Cluster lead GP, Bro Taf LMC, Sports Medicine)
- All the advantages of a GP Training Practice (for GP VTS and Year 2, 3 & 5 Medical Students)
- Full range of enhanced services
- Home visits appropriately triaged, and shared between GPs and Nurse Practitioners
- On-site Pharmacy, Dental Practice and Audiology service
- Vision software/ Digital dictation
- Workflow optimisation, to reduce burden of correspondence
- Modern, spacious premises with a Conference Room For meetings
- Monthly whole- team Clinical and SEA meetings
- A successful Patient Participation Group
At WQMC we value every member of the team, who are our also our most valuable asset. Our work streams ensure that we understand the patients need and therefore allocate work to the most appropriate available person. We strive to ensure that each professional is doing the right work at the right time in line with prudent healthcare principles. This is how we recruit and retain the best:
- Listen to what each individual can offer the team & appreciate team players
- Invest in training for those who wish to develop, and bring those skills to the Practice
- Mentor those who wish to have that opportunity
- Value constructive ideas/Give everyone a voice
- Pay rises linked to acquisition of new clinical skills.
- Involve staff in innovation, always seeking to improve the service we offer to patients
In addition to our clinical team, we have a fantastic admin team in place to further support this work. We run weekly Quality Improvement cycles that the whole team is engaged and our mission is to offer Sustainable High Quality Health Care by embracing Quality Improvement methodology. This has transformed both the processes and the culture in the practice over the past 24 months and we seek to provide everything you need to get the job done and trust our team to deliver High Quality Health Care!
We offer a BMA salaried GP contract, MPS indemnity paid by the Practice, six weeks holiday pro rata, and study leave by agreement and a salary dependent on previous experience.
If you like the sound of this, please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org via the apply button, or if you wish to come and have an informal chat, in confidence just email or telephone 01446 724700.
This position is not currently open to new applicants.