Negotiable / BarryApply
We are looking for an enthusiastic, friendly Healthcare Assistant to join our clinical team in delivering a high standard of care to our patients whilst working alongside a dynamic and welcoming nursing team. They will liaise with the Nurse Manager whilst working in a fast paced- busy practice which is supported by a strong team ethic and in which continuing professional development and opportunities are encouraged.
The healthcare assistant will be involved in multiple aspects of primary care and deliver and assist the nursing team in the provision of treatment, preventative care, health promotion, patient education and the monitoring of chronic disease parameters. The role will require a professional individual who maintains patient confidentiality and will work under the direct supervision of the Nurse Manager and within guidelines outlined by the practice. They will be skilled in recording and documenting the patient consultations using the Primary Care computer system Vision.
Main duties of the job
We are looking for someone who will share our commitment to providing excellent health care to our patients. The post holder will develop a wide range of clinical skills, as well as the experience and ability to competently deal with patients who present to the Practice.
The ideal candidate will have experience in working in General Practice although we welcome applicants new to healthcare/general practice and will support the right candidate with training and development opportunities.
Healthcare Assistant Job Role:
- The HCA will liaise closely with all clinical and admin teams.
- New patient health checks
- ECG recording
- Chaperoning duties
- Immunisations and Vaccinations
- Stocking and ordering as required by practice clinicians.
- Processing and management of laboratory samples requested by GPs/nurses
- Cleaning and maintenance of practice equipment
- Vaccine/cold chain storage, monitoring and recording
- Equipment and vaccine re-stocking and stock rotation
- Clearing and re-stocking consulting rooms
- Please see job description for further information.
- To receive and document telephone messages as and when necessary and communicate to other members of the clinical team as appropriate.
- To undertake appropriate formal training as required by the Practice.
- Assisting in the assessment and surveillance of patients health and well-being
- Undertaking specific clinical activities for named patients that have been delegated and taught specifically in relation to that individual
- Helping to raise awareness of health and well-being and how it can be promoted
- Any other delegated duties considered appropriate to the post
- Experience of working with the general public.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and work under pressure. Ability to deal with challenging situations.
- Has an understanding of local and national issues.
- To be able to demonstrate on-going personal and practice development.
- Demonstrates an understanding of Clinical Governance requirements.
- Ability to initiate, sustain and evaluate change.
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written, face to face and active listening skills.
- Computer skills; Microsoft word and e-mail.
- Smart, polite and confident.
- Planning and organising.
- Performing under pressure.
- A degree of flexibility within working hours.
- Team working.
- Experience of working in a GP Practice.
- Use of Vision General Practice clinical system
- Qualified to at least NVQ level 3 (Desirable)
- Immunisation and Vaccination accredited (Desirable)
- Phlebotomy Accredited
- Spirometry training
- ECG training
- Foot pulses/ checks training
Closing date is 16th April 2021
For further details/information please contact:
Nikky Wallis- Nurse Manager via email Nikky.Wallis@wales.nhs.uk