£8.21 (per hour) / Cardiff
Taff Riverside GP practice, based in the heart of Riverside Cardiff, is a forward-looking surgery, seeking an experienced receptionist/administrator to join a small, hardworking, committed and fun loving team to support our patients.
Location – We are one of two surgeries based in the Riverside Health Centre, Wellington Street, Cardiff. We are located within a very short walk to Canton shopping centre, with easy public transport links to the city centre.
Free staff car parking facilities are available at the centre.
Employment type/Working hours – A part-time, permanent role is available following a 3-month probationary period. The role will be for 16 hours per week, Monday 2.30 – 6.30pm, Thursday and Friday 12.30 – 6.30pm.
Salary package – Your starting salary will be at £8.21 per hour, paid monthly. You will be offered the opportunity to join the NHS contributory pension scheme.
Working part time, you will ideally have experience working in a GP practice; can work well as part of a team or individually under their own initiative. As one of our front of house team, you must be willing to adhere to our principles of treating every patient fairly, with compassion and understanding, ensuring the strictest confidentiality at all times.
This position is varied, rewarding and challenging. It will suit a person who is well organised and able to cope in a demanding and often pressured patient facing role.
- Dealing with patient enquiries over the telephone and face to face
- Booking and rescheduling appointments using the Vision system
- Maintaining and updating internal database
- General admin duties such as filling notes, sorting post, sending out letters and handling prescriptions
- Dealing with significant patient enquiries both face to face and on the telephone
- Experience of working in a busy doctors practice
- Confident and professional manner
- Ability to stay calm in a pressurised environment
- Organised with the ability to multi task in a fast paced environment
- Accurate with high attention to detail
- Good IT skills
- Able to work well in a team but also under your own initiative at times
- Able to read code is a desirable
- We deal with highly confidential information where you will be required to sign a confidentiality agreement.
At Taff Riverside, our core values have been built around the importance of transparency, innovation, passion and collaboration. As such, we are committed to open communication and the protection of your privacy. We have updated our policies in line with new General Data Protection Regulation laws to make it easier for you to understand how we collect, store and handle your data
We look forward to hearing from you and having the opportunity to discuss this exciting role and to welcome you to our team.
We are happy to chat with you informally, including the option of visiting the practice before you apply. Please feel free to contact either Alun Bevan (Business Manager) or Nesta Moore (Reception Manager) on 02920 803200 where we will be pleased to answer any questions regarding the role, responsibilities and surgery
If you want to be considered for this vital role within the practice, please submit a CV with covering letter before 5pm on the closing date of 22nd February 2019.
All successful applicants will be invited to attend an interview on Tuesday 5th March 2019 here at the surgery.
This position is not currently open to new applicants.